Our mission is to offer a program of God-centered instruction that will assist Christian parents in the God-given task of bringing up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. The school endeavors to teach the relationship of Christ and His word to every phase of human life, making Him the center of each life, and His Word the supreme authority.
More than 30 churches from throughout Northern Dauphin County are represented in the student body at NDCS. Bussing is provided from four area school districts: Halifax area, Line Mountain area, Millersburg area, and Upper Dauphin area.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 1 Cor. 8:6
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God as recorded in both the Old and New Testaments. 2 Tim. 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Rev. 22:18-19
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His sacrificial and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return to power and glory. Matt. 1:18, John 3:16-17, 1 Peter 2:21-24
- We believe in the necessity of a personal commitment to our Lord Jesus Christ for salvation of lost and sinful men. Romans 3:21-31
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto everlasting life, and they that are lost to eternal separation from God. Luke 20:27-38, Rev. 20:11-17
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Eph. 4:13
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. John 14:16-17
It was the vision of several families in 1995 to establish a local, traditional classroom based alternative education program for Christian students. The Northern Dauphin County Christian School Association of parents was formed as the governing body and continues to elect the board of directors and works with the administrator of the school. Northern Dauphin Christian School began with a kindergarten class of four students. The school expanded the following year to include kindergarten through fifth grade. NDCS has grown greatly since 1995 and now offers an Early Education Center for pre-school students, as well as a full day kindergarten through grade twelve program.
Northern Dauphin Christian School utilizes a variety of curriculum for the grade levels Preschool and K through 12th. Supplemental material are used in areas of special interest: music, art, computer, physical education, library and weekly chapel services. See our page on curriculum for more details.